Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Code: HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
This course aims to provide the knowledge and skill to help deal with saving life and also reduce severity of injury or illness in responding to an emergency.
The course consists of a theory presentation, demonstration of procedures, and practice scenarios performed by the participants.
The course is designed for individuals or organisations according to workplace or community first aid policy and procedures. This course is offered as a 1 day training course. An online workbook will be required to complete after the 1 day practical day is successfully attained
- Introduction to First Aid / Calling an Ambulance
- Infectious Diseases and First Aid Hygiene
- Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Bleeding, Wounds and Bandages
- Fractures and Soft Tissues Injuries
- Environmental Exposure, effects of heat and cold
- Poisons, Bites and Stings
3 years, CPR component recommended annually
Competency based and a formal practical assessment.
Includes: First aid manual, student workbook, spacer and a primary survey poster on competion a
nationally accredited statement of attainment
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).